The parents of a Sligo girl, who died in hospital after taking ill in a restaurant, are suing the HSE

THE PARENTS OF a Sligo student who died suddenly in 2017 are suing the HSE. 19-year-old Lisa Niland, a native of Curry in the western county and a student at the University of Limerick, took ill while eating in a fast food restaurant in Carraroe in January 2017. It’s understood that she first attended Sligo University Hospital [...]

By |2018-09-26T16:00:48+01:00September 26th, 2018|Compensation, Courts, Death, Food Poisoning, Health Service Executive (HSE), Legal|Comments Off on The parents of a Sligo girl, who died in hospital after taking ill in a restaurant, are suing the HSE

Pret A Manger was warned over allergy alerts year before girl’s death, inquest told

Pret A Manger did not label “artisan” baguettes as containing sesame seeds despite six allergic reaction cases in the year before a teenager’s death, an inquest has heard. Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, 15, suffered a fatal reaction to a sandwich from the outlet, which she had not realised contained the ingredient, on July 17 2016. An inquest [...]

By |2018-09-25T17:00:34+01:00September 25th, 2018|Compensation, Death, Food Poisoning, Inquest, News, Personal Injuries|Comments Off on Pret A Manger was warned over allergy alerts year before girl’s death, inquest told

British couple killed by E. Coli at five star Egyptian hotel

British couple John and Susan Cooper died after contracting E. Coli, it has been confirmed. The couple had been had been staying at the five star Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel in the Red Sea resort of Hurghada. John and Susan, from Burnley, Lancashire, died within hours of each other while staying with their daughter, Kelly [...]

By |2018-09-13T09:00:34+01:00September 13th, 2018|Death, Food Poisoning, Legal, News, Personal Injuries|Comments Off on British couple killed by E. Coli at five star Egyptian hotel
Go to Top